For those of you who haven't heard yet, we signed the papers on the house, and we'll close in June as long as everything goes without hiccups next week at the inspection, and with the water testing and septic site plan development.
We are all so excited about this!
In the end, two more offers came in with ours, so we are feeling particularly lucky to have snatched up this great home. I can't wait to get started making it our own. It truly does feel like an oasis and a place where we can begin to settle down and rebuild. I am very much looking forward to hosting visitors and sharing the property in ways that we have never been able to do comfortably and happily in our current home.
I start my new job on Monday, and Dave is in the midst of his job hunt. We are happily boxing, cleaning, finishing up some remodeling projects, and generally preparing for forward movements.
We made a lot of changes and sacrifices over the past 18 months, none of which would have been possible without the help, support, and kindness of family and friends. As we move on to this next stage of our lives and celebrate what it means, I am filled with gratitude to everyone who has made it possible. You know who you are.
1 comment:
Bring on the chick, chick, chickens!
Post a Comment