Wednesday, May 9, 2012

In Real Time

Well, here it is, folks.  An update in real time.  Details few care about, but still, it's our life.

For the last 6 days we have been negotiating on the house we've fallen in love with.  Sure it needs some updates, but the setting could not be more relaxing and inviting.  The seller is a trustee representing the family of a man who carefully constructed what was his dream home, and this trustee understandably wants to do right by him and his family members.  The original owner was a Minneapolis Police Officer, and I imagine him retreating to this home after a crazy career in law enforcement.

This home has been on the market for a while, but as of this morning, two other offers were made on it.  This keeps happening to us, so the purchase process has been a real pain, with several other homes not working out.  I'm growing quite weary of that scenario, but we've been working on being patient.  A while ago our realtor texted me and said the trustee has verbally agreed to our offer, and he is waiting for the signed paperwork.  I'm on pins and needles, and our current home is filled with boxes and projects in-process.  I'm ready to get this all wrapped up!!!!!!!

Right now I am sitting here at my office.  I hadn't yet posted that this is my last week here at the newspaper.  I'm here training my replacement, but there is a limited amount to do when I can't be at my computer and she is doing the work that is mine.  On Monday I start my new job in Hutchinson at Crow River Signs and Graphics as a project manager and designer.  I am really excited about it, but I will miss all the connections we have made here in Glencoe.  Even though Hutchinson and my new job are less than half hour away, I had come to find comfort in the familiar faces at the grocery store or the coffee shop here, the unsolicited job offers, and the ease with which I could meet girlfriends for lunch. 

So, here I sit waiting for final word.  I'm itching to go home and keep packing and cleaning and fixing up...  I'm anxious to get moving to this next stage of our lives.  It is time.

No comments: