Here it is 3:39 in the afternoon and it is my first break in a fast-paced work day. Blogging at work, you ask? Why, yes, yes I am doing just that.
Life has become a hectic emotional array of jumbledness lately. But right at this moment, I am the only one here and it is quiet.
I am posting because something new is happening at this very second. This is a big year for Aden - his first year being home alone for a bit after school. It is a beautiful fall day, and Aden wanted to bike ALONE, across town, ALONE, to the school park, ALONE. Yup, that's crossing streets, ALONE, finding the school, ALONE, playing, ALONE, and coming all the way back across those same streets and neighborhoods, ALONE.
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPP BREEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!
I said yes against my better judgement and off he went nonchalantly with me calling after him that he needed to call me when he arrived, and when he got back, so I would know he is safe.
He just called. He's (safely) having a ball at his destination.
Here's to new milestones. And, here's to employers who don't mind a few calls (and a blog post) between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m....
Back to work!
1 comment:
How did Aden fare?
Post a Comment