Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Blur

Where, oh where, has June gone so far?   I can't beleive it is June 16th.  This month has been a blur. 

I had grand plans of posting a collage of Aden's 3rd grade art and a bunch of pictures of Dave's cool school projects.  I was looking forward to an intensive series of trips to the arboretum with the camera.  I had visits with friends and correspondence to catch up.  All of these things and many other tasks have been put by the wayside in lieu of colds/flu for all of us, severe summer allergies for me and a few other rocky spots including car trouble.  My mind whirrs, and I feel all sorts of things getting away from me.  But, alas, I hope the second half of the month will be more smooth and productive!

Aden is in the full swing of summer with swimming lessons and his activity program with his friends.  Play dates are scheduled, the trampoline is up, I'm getting things ready for Aden to go to camp and the house remains full of various creatures.  Dave is in summer school - always an intense pace with so much material crammed into a far shorter schedule.  I'm happiest on the days when my eyes are not swollen and itchy and I can close myself in the house with a book.  My allergy treatments are not helping yet, but I was warned that could be the case this summer.

Happy Summer to all!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

I never realized how fast time seems to go by until Kassi came into our lives. Amazing how that happens. Hope the allergy treatments start to work for you. Happy 4th of July!