
Tonight Dave, Aden and I volunteered to help at our community Fall Festival's haunted park shelters. Dave took tickets while Aden and I spooked people. Here we are before we left. Aden thought this was SOOO much fun!




We made home-made sugar cookies and decorated them with buttercreme frosting! Eating them might have been the best part, but making them sure was fun. I am not very tidy when cooking in the kitchen, as Dave will attest to grumpily, but this works great when Aden and I make things together. He loves to crack eggs, and we don't mind picking out the shells. It's ok if his use of the mixer gets a little crazy, if a cookie gets WAY loaded up on sprinkles or if sugar gets spilled on the floor. Our motto is, "Sometimes you just have to make a mess!" There are lots of things I'm uptight about as a mom, so I am particularly celebratory about an area where I am not. Aden seems to enjoy exploring the world of the kitchen.

Aden received an authentic carved mask from Africa from Uncle Cory's trip to Kenya. Here he tries it on for the camera.

Our second grader before school on Wednesday! He takes it all in stride this year.

Last but not least, our new washer and dryer are installed!!! Good by cursed fabric softener spots, three hour dry cycles that shrink clothes. Old Maytags are gone and our new stacked front-loaders are in. Dave was my hero on this quick, clean and seamless operation. YIPPEEEE!!!
2 comments:
We got a front loading washer about a month ago. We looooooooooooooove it.
Woo hoo Aden - you're a pretty artistic cookie decorator -- very cool that you and your Uncle Cory both like cooking. They say men are the best chef's!
Awesome mask Uncle C brought you from Kenya!
Nice laundry replacements -- Know you are going to more than like them --- so much easier on clothing!
Post a Comment