Here's the forewarning: This is going to be a dreary post.
We're on day 5 of Aden's illness. This is, by far, the sickest he has ever been. It is so hard to see him so miserable. It seems like this is going to last forever.
I'll spare the gory rundown of symptoms. Newest in the last 24 hours was the 104.3 temperature last night, the near-visit to the doctor today because Aden was lying on the couch crying because his side hurt so badly and he felt so wretched. There is no significant sign of improvement, and we continue to provide updates to the doctor. At least we have kept it to just the one visit to the emergency room. We have no reason to believe this is anything but influenza or that there are complications, and that's a reason to be grateful. But, I'm so ready for this to pass.
The latest vomit experience was in the shower, resulting in some disturbance of the shower curtain causing the water spray out, saturating the floor and causing a waterfall into the basement. At least the new washer and dyer came in time for us to wash all these soiled clothes, sopping towels and floor mats in a few hours total instead of several. hours. for. each. load.
"WAY TO LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE, KIESSA!" I'm thinking. I'll use that to distract from the worry, the wet floor, the cat vomit I found in the spare room, the anticipation of another night of being summoned from sweet sleep every thirty minutes, and the doctor's voice in my head saying, "Everybody is going to get this..."
Does it sound like any of us are having a good week? No. We. Are. Not. Thanks for reading this rant.
PS. Have I already said that my husband is the best caregiver of sick people ever? Concerned, patient, dilligent, kind, selfless and encouraging, he is the only one keeping us going.
4 comments:
Yikes! Sounds rough. Can I borrow your husband next time I am pregnant? Todd isn't so sympathetic and got so used to me being sick, he wouldn't even wake up at night, but would say, "could you shut the door?" Please give Aden a hug from us! Poor kid and poor mom.
We are thinking of you buddy!
Dear Kiessa...hope you see some encouraging wellness signs soon! I could pass on some advice a friend gave me, keep repeating--"this too shall pass--this too shall pass". It didn't do much to distract me but perhaps your powers of persuasion are more potent than mine. Love and hugs...
Yea for Dave! May his loving care give you the strength to keep giving loving care to Aden!
Post a Comment