OH MY GOSH THIS WEEK HAS BEEN A WHIRLWIND!!!
It is 12:15 p.m. and I retreated to our bedroom a bit ago for some quiet. Aden's new rooster has been crowing since 6:15 a.m. One or the other of the kids (but mostly Aden) has been talking non-stop since waking up, Dave is cooking for a small army in the kitchen, and I am exhausted after going to bed at 1:30, waking up at 4:30, then getting up with the rooster to take him out at 6:15.
Despite the busy-ness, it has been a fun week. Friday we spent much of the hot and humid day at the Minnesota State Fair along with a gazillion other people. We have spent Labor Day weekend together as a family... We have watched movies, had a campfire complete with hot dog- and marshmallow-roasting, shopped in the metro, picked up Aden's rooster, attended Dassel's Red Rooster Day's parade, arranged Teresa's room and planned for the first day of school.
Aden is so happy to have his rooster home. I am happy too, though I did not expect it to be so noisy. The rescue organization staff said he was a more quiet bird, and that is what we witnessed when we visited. Hopefully once he settles in he will quiet down. I can't quite imagine listening to this 24-7.
Soon Dave will be done with our food, so I must post pictures and be done...
 |
| Picking up Sidney at Chicken Run Rescue in North Minneapolis. |
 |
| Aden and Sidney. |
 |
| First campfire at the new house. |
 |
| Roasting hot dogs and s'mores! |
 |
| Playing with fire.... And the camera! |
 |
| It's What's For Lunch! |
No comments:
Post a Comment