Pictures and stories about everyday life for our faraway family and friends
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Injustice
Quade here. I'm driven to nocturnal madness by this family's idiotic failures.
I am the master of this domain. I am the protector of The Boy. Still, they boot me from his room like rubbish and leave me just a scrap of room at the foot of the family bed as if I'm nothing but a common canine.
The nightly affection that is due me must be extracted. They know they drill; they don't comply. They know I must have vigorous patting and scratching on my neck no earlier than 1:30 a.m. and no later than 3:30 a.m. I can only respond to such neglect by clawing at the bed. A flying pillow or a few squirts from the water bottle will not deter me. I will prevail.
I must admit, I bring my stealthy feline powers into play when I crawl up and balance myself on their bodies, walking from the tips of their toes to the crown of their heads and back again. I remind them who's boss with this little game of King of the Mountain. I'll win every time. I can summon them awake by standing over them, staring into their vulnerable, sleepy faces. They know I could slit their throats like a lion on the savannah, but still they shirk their duties.
They are lazy. A quick pat, not even the way I like it, and I must keep them in line with swats of my be-clawed paws. They know I do not like to be petted on my stomach, but still they must be reminded with a bite if they do not pay attention. I don't know why they can't get it right.
Tomorrow night, and the night after that will be the same.
I will get these dull humans on a schedule if it kills me, or if it kills them, for that matter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Poor Quade. Or should I say poor humans?? Is anyone getting any sleep at your house?
Post a Comment