Introvert
A person who is rested and energized by solitude, and is very effective in solitary pursuits.
An introvert’s essential stimulation is from within the inner world of ideas and impression, thoughts and reflections. Introverts literally draw energy from attending to the inner world. The bias is toward reflection.
Introverts need to do things by themselves so they can turn inward and reflect,
thereby rebuilding their energy. Introverts think things through in order to understand
them, processing internally first, then coming out with a conclusion. They prefer
written communication.
Introverts may prefer privacy, being with a one or two others or being alone.
A person who is rested and energized by solitude, and is very effective in solitary pursuits.
An introvert’s essential stimulation is from within the inner world of ideas and impression, thoughts and reflections. Introverts literally draw energy from attending to the inner world. The bias is toward reflection.
Introverts need to do things by themselves so they can turn inward and reflect,
thereby rebuilding their energy. Introverts think things through in order to understand
them, processing internally first, then coming out with a conclusion. They prefer
written communication.
Introverts may prefer privacy, being with a one or two others or being alone.
I am an unapologetic introvert. That doesn't stop me from envying the seemingly endless energy of the EX-uberant, EX-pressive, EX-trovert.
The last few weeks have been busy. Stimulating. Fun. Social. I've enjoyed them. And now, I'm exhausted! Depleted! Unable to handle any more stimulation! Noise! Activity!
Quiet, rest and solitude: I seek them now. I want to pull in, like a tortoise in its shell, to regroup and energize within the protected, insulated haven of home. I may not be back around here for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment