Well, for those of you following the saga of the tadpole, here is the latest update.Yesterday marked the arrival of the very tiny tadpole... ALIVE! I guess the warmer weather, and the third time, was the charm! The two previous attempts yielded a dead tadpole, the first so disheartening to Aden that I didn't even tell him about the second one.
Aden has named this pre-frog specimen Flutter. Flutter hatched from his/her egg on March 11th. For those of you wondering about Flutter's size, I have drawn Flutter on my thumbnail. Perhaps twelve or more of Flutter's siblings could fit there. Small, no?
Needless to say, Aden is so excited about the prospect of watching this new creature grow and change! I am a bit skeptical about the survival rate of this tiny, fragile pollywog, but it is still zestfully swimming around its habitat, so we are off to a good start!
No comments:
Post a Comment