It is almost noon and Aden has had a blood draw and a visit from the attending physician and the pulmonary specialist already this morning.
The discharge plan has been unclear up to this point. Just as soon as a plan would be formulated, it would change. But, I think we finally have an idea about what is going to happen.
The plan will be based upon Aden's lab values from this morning (results not back yet). If the signs of infection are down even more today than yesterday, he will be switched to oral antibiotics. If he responds well to that, he can go home tomorrow. He is excited that he could be home for Halloween. However, if his lab values are not down significantly then he will continue on IV antiotics through the PICC line for at least another day.
Aden is comfortable. He is up and down out of bed. He doesn't have a fever and his appetite is good. He is still coughing blood, but it is less. We are hopeful that things are progressing well at this point. At the same time, we've learned not to count on a fixed plan as there seem to be a lot of things that don't go as planned lately.
There might be more to say, but my brain feels like mush and I'm not sure how coherent these posts are at this point.
4 comments:
Well your posts are VERY coheirent. It doesn't sound like you are mush at all. I am glad things are going more smoothly. I have a weird question. You have noted everyone that has seen or talked to Aden or you and I was wondering, where is your Mom? Surely she has been there, right? Well get some sleep.
Barbara
Loving your updates. So extremely glad to hear he's on the mend. Please tell him hello from all of us. :)
Hey Barbie - Thanks for all your notes. Mom had pneumonia right before Aden so she couldn't come since it could expose her to more illness or vice versa. She will come when we get home and we are all healthy! Hope things are well there.
Kiessa
I bet a children's hospital dies a pretty amazing Halloween party if it shakes out that way.
Post a Comment