I'd like to cry foul on this I'm-so-exhausted-I-can-barely-function but its 1 am-and-I'm-wide-awake situation. Since I can't sleep and can't function or muster the energy to do much of anything else either, I thought I'd sit here and write for a minute. It is 1 am after all, anyway.
So here are my can't sleep thoughts:
-After a measly three hours of sleep, medications Toradol, Tramadol and Tylenol sound indecipherably similar to my bleary ears. Then again, so does everything else.
-Why in the hell does the hospital serve so much fried food??? Uhhhh??? Poor diet probably leads to half the issues they see there, no? I'm stunned. Hospital personnel have never heard of baked french fries, hash browns, or chicken tenders? Low-fat sausage patties, anyone??? Seriously.
-I'd really like to pat myself on the back for not losing it when the parking attendant refused to honor my voucher that just barely expired. I mean, who really cares that he charged me $6.00 to park the car for two hours. Really, surely EVERYONE thinks it is reasonable to charge an obscene amount of money so parents can pay to park their freaking cars and walk across a campus to see their ailing child, right? Not that it is the parking attendant's fault. That must be a miserable job.
-After observing our cats upon my return home, I'd assume their feline communication is as follows:
Bobcat: "Where are our people? I'm so bored, I am going to go have another snack!"
Sally: "Bobcat, you are too fat already, just come give me some attention - a little lick behind the ears, please. I'm going to put my head just under your chin so you can reach me right away!"
Bobcat: "Lick yourself, you needy thing. I'm not getting any attention either, so why should you???"
Quade: "Where's that boy of mine? My pal has deserted me. I've been waiting in his bed for days now and I don't think he's coming back. I bet one of you took him and I'm going to torture you until you spill it." (Fight ensues)
Marconi: "I can't stand it here anymore. The next time I hear them open the garage door I'm going to make a break for it. Maybe they don't know that I want to go where they go."
Sally: "You already tried that. They just bring you back in. Come sit by me... I could use a little lick behind the ears..."
Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment