Everything is going ok this afternoon. Aden's surgery went smoothly, and his surgeon was very pleased with how much liquid and gunk they were able to remove from his chest cavity. We were able to see actual photographs of that cavity, and the matter truly was extensive and sickly looking. I will be able to post those images once we are home and I can scan them.
We've been back at the room for about an hour. Aden's chest tube site is hurting him, but he is on continuous morphine with a button to self-administer more he can push if he has additional pain. The chest tube appears to be draining well - lots of fluid passing out of it.
Aden continues to shock us with his coping and ability to understand so much of what is happening. He can explain in detail what has happened in his body, and he understands the placement of the chest tube and PICC line. He asked about them right away when he woke up and then proceeded to eat two orange popsicles. Now he is waiting to eat some pancakes. We are so proud of him, and can't wait for him to be healthy and running around again.
Hopefully tonight will be restful and comfortable for everyone. So far we don't see any complications on the horizon, so that is a relief.
Thanks for everyone's thoughts and messages of hope and comfort. We appreciate it so much!
2 comments:
Crossing everything I've got that Aden will get some rest and good news in the morning.
Kiessa, you are amazing!
You have done an excellent job in explaining how you all are doing plus medical info that is understandable to us ignoramuses.
I'm so thankful the surgery went well - definitely needed! I'm praying for you all!
Post a Comment