I have not kept up with my Spanish as much as I would have liked, so my conversational skills have waned, and with it our contact. I would love to go back someday and take Aden and Dave with me!
Mari, Veronica, Jorge and I enjoyed a day trip to Volcan Poas on a misty day in July of 1998.
Here is the house where I lived with Mari, Coqui and Veronica. "My house is your house," they always said...
My summer in Costa Rica started with a journal entry, "June 28, 1998, 7:37 AM... I arrived at my host family's house last night around midnight. My host mother waited up for me - so nice of her, and it is a beautiful home. I'm lying here in bed without a clue about how many people live in this house, or whether or not toilet paper can be flushed down the toilet, or where the shower is... I just heard a bell and I don't know what it is for, and I hear a child. My bedroom window does not look outside, it looks to another room, so I am excited to look outside in the daylight." The summer concluded with a surprise party. I arrived home from classes to find the house decorated and a grand cake on the table. The whole family and another student arrived to bid me farewell.
1 comment:
Even 11 years ago you wrote beautiful descriptive entries. Your first day...the end of your stay...can you give us little snippets of other observations during your stay?
Love, J
Post a Comment