Thursday, July 23, 2009

Adventures with Squeaks the Toad

Well, we are back into our summer routine... Tonight we were volunteering at the animal shelter when Aden discovered a toad outside the facility. Of course he wanted to bring it home, so he named the toad Squeaks and loaded him up in the car for the fifteen minute ride home. The running commentary from the back seat consisted of this:

"This little guy is so squeaky! Mom, can you hear him squeaking? I think he might have a cricket in his belly!! I hear it! Are you scared, Squeaks? OH! HE JUMPED DOWN ON THE FLOOR!! I NEED TO UNBUCKLE TO GET HIM!! I got him, and he's just fine. We're going to make you a nice habitat, Squeaks and we'll mold you a little frog friend so you don't get lonely..."

And so it went... We finally arrived home, set up an suitable habitat for Squeaks, and gave him some peace and quiet.

2 comments:

DeedieLynn said...

This kid is going to be the next Ranger Rick or something! He's always smiling when he's got an animal with him!
Hope Squeaks doesn't keep you up at night.

Anonymous said...

Love our little future "Zoo Keeper" - can't believe he's down to only one reptile, Quade and Bobcat.

Probably should not verbalize that thought as those numbers surely will grow! -- Such a cool bright young lad!