Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Arctic

I'm cuddled in my fuzzy pants and slippers in my office room. I've placed the space heater right up beside me. Temperatures here in Glencoe, Minnesota have been below zero since Monday. School was closed today because of the frigid temperatures, and I suspect it will be out tomorrow as well. Let's be honest, we're stuck inside irritating each other, missing our routines... Aden and I did play Monopoly today, and we also did the outside experiment where you throw boiling water into the air. It was -21 with a windchill of -43 at that moment.... The water did turn into a steamy cloud that blew away. The banana, cup of water and egg we sat out were frozen blocks in less than an hour. I'd post pictures except I didn't dare take the camera out today. It is supposed to warm up this weekend - to 20 or 30 degrees. This will be a welcome change. For now, I just want a fireplace and a stack of good books. BRRR!
-Kiessa

2 comments:

DeedieLynn said...

I'm glad you can stay warm inside today. I'm here visiting with Dad and Jane in AZ and it's upper 70s!

Brandi said...

Kiessa, you are such a cool mom! It sounds like you and Aden do really fun things together. I do hope that you guys can stay warm. I will be adding you to our blog so that I can read what you are doing. This is a fun way to keep in touch! Brandi